Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Praying the Lord' Prayer

Praying the Lord' Prayer

Question : What desirest thou of God in this prayer?

Answer: I desire my Lord God our heavenly Father, who is the
giver of all goodness, to send his grace unto me, and to all people,
that we may worship him, serve him, and obey him, as we ought
to do. And I pray unto God, that he will send us all things that be
needful both for our souls and bodies; and that he will be merciful
unto us, and forgive us our sins; and that it will please him to save
and defend us in all dangers ghostly [i.e., spiritual] and bodily;
and that he will keep us from all sin and wickedness, and from our
ghostly enemy, and from everlasting death. And this I trust he will
do of his mercy and goodness, through our Lord Jesus Christ. And
therefore I say, Amen. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment